On October 27, 2022, the Perm State University will host the International Symposium New
Concepts and Technologies in Interdisciplinary Domains of History and Culture as part of the
Perm Scientific Forum "Science and Global Challenges of the 21st Century". The symposium is
organized by the Faculty of History and Politics and the Center for Digital Humanities of the Perm
University. It will be held in a hybrid format, and there is the possibility of making a presentation in
person or online.
The purpose of the conference is to stimulate discussions about key concepts, methodological
guidelines of modern knowledge in the Humanities, discussion of theoretical and applied aspects of
the involvement of technology in the study of history and culture.
Conference topics include, but are not limited to:
● New methods in the interpretation of historical sources;
● Interdisciplinarity, transdisciplinarity, and polydisciplinarity of historical research: opportunities
● Study of history and culture in the spatial dimension;
● Social communications: New theoretical models and research practices;
● Digital technologies in creative industries and public historical projects;
● Material turn in modern knowledge in the Humanities.
We invite researchers, teachers, employees of museum professionals, archivists, librarians, and
other experts from cultural institutions, developers of information resources, and representatives
of the IT industry to participate in the forum.